- Concert Pianist Juilliard Graduate Canine Music Expert
- 5 Surprising Tips to Help Your Dog’s Separation Anxiety
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned From My Dog in 33 Seconds
- Happy 11th Birthday Señor Sanchez!
- Happy Mother’s Day! Love, Fido
- 5 Surprising Ways to Reduce Stress in Your Canine Household
- My Dog’s First Piano Recital
- Ready to Hit It Out of the Ballpark!
- Is Your Dog Your Sweetheart?
- My Most Emotional Moment of 2013
- The Saga of the New Dog Bed
- All Dressed Up For Christmas
- Paying Tribute to Freedom Dogs on Veteran’s Day
- Tips for Keeping Dogs Safe on Halloween
- 10 Signs You Speak Woof
- Music to Comfort Senior Dogs? Tenderly!
- Top 8 Reasons Your Dog Needs an iPawd
- What Dogs Teach Us About Time
- High Tech Gadgets for Pets (Win an iCalmDog)
- Can You Help Me Win a Trip to Barkworld?
- Does Your Dog Love to Kiss?
- Helping Fearful Fido During Fireworks
- Happy 10th Birthday Sanchez!
- Do Your Pets Sleep With You?
- Confessions From a Crazy Pet Parent
- Music to Inspire Human Creativity
- Moose Calms Down with… Puppy Music?
- Do NOT Play This at Home For Your Dogs
- Free Irish Reel Download on St. Patrick’s Day!
- Wordless Wednesday: Keep Calm and Listen to Music
- And the Oscar for Best Dog in a Feature Film Goes to…
- Nightly Rituals with Dogs
- Dog Mounting: Is It About Sex?
- 10 Dog Training Tips
- If Our Dogs Made Our New Year’s Resolutions
- Tail Waggin’ Christmas Videos
- Homemade Dog Treats for Holiday Gifts (with recipes)
- Healing with Holistic Veterinary Care
- Jumping Through Hoops for Shelters and Rescues
- Tips to Calm Dogs During the Holiday Season
- Celebrating 6,000 Facebook Fans !!!
Lisa Spector’s Blog
It’s that time of year again… the kids are going back to school after an action packed summer. It’s been fun for the children, and Fido has been so happy with the extra attention and playtime. Then one day, his world changes. The house is empty and he’s left home alone. The stress of suddenly being alone may cause... Continue reading
As well as I thought I knew my Labrador, Gina, she even surprised me recently during this recent run at an AKC agility trial. It never ceases to amaze me how much I continue to learn from my dogs. Here’s what Gina taught me in 33 seconds: Continue reading
Today is Sanchez's 11th Birthday! I don't know how my puppy is 11 already, but I am eternally grateful that Sanchez is in great health on his 11th birthday. I'm very aware of the challenges of having a senior pet. Sanchez is teaching me to be more patient, forgiving, and present. These are lessons not always so easy for me. Continue reading
Mother’s Day is not the easiest of holidays for me. I have no human children and have never been called “mom.” No one has ever said, “Happy Mother’s Day mom, I love you!” But, can we be mothers to species other than humans? Continue reading
April was National Stress Awareness Month. As humans we have a multitude of choices regarding ways to reduce our overall stress level, including taking yoga classes, drinking green tea, meditating, keeping a gratitude journal, etc. But, how about our dogs? Continue reading
Sanchez is 10 years old and went through some scary times in 2012 due to a slipped disc in his neck. I’m familiar with feelings of worrying about a dog in their double digits. Worrying about my young Lab, however, was completely foreign to me, until June of 2013. Continue reading
Like many dog lovers, I have a very tender place in my heart for senior dogs. When I first began working on the initial Through a Dog's Ear project, I had a thirteen-year-old Golden Retriever named Byron. Only one year later, his memorial picture was on the piano as I recorded the first compositions. Byron was such a loving inspiration for me. Shortly after he passed, I became a volunteer puppy raiser for Guide Dogs for the Blind and fell in love with Continue reading
6. He wants to enjoy his own tunes, clinically demonstrated to calm dogs, when he's in his crate. Continue reading
July 4th is around the corner, along with the fireworks that inevitably come with this holiday. Almost all humans with dogs in the United States declare this day the worst day Continue reading
Have you ever noticed that the best conversations happen around the kitchen table? Joshua Leeds and I were recently sitting at my kitchen table having lunch. We started reminiscing about how our meeting nearly 10 years ago inspired us to create Through a Dog's Ear. Continue reading
We live in a world of sensory overload. Human made sounds are constantly buzzing, beeping, dinging, and ringing. Each sound represents something that is calling our attention. And if we treat ourselves well, we have mechanisms for providing our bodies and souls with de-stressing techniques such as yoga, meditation, drinking green tea, etc. But, how about our pets? Continue reading
Back to top