Does Your Dog Hate to be Left Alone?
Does your dog destroy things when you’re away? Does he bark, howl, or have potty accidents in the house? Do you come home to a dog who is wild-eyed and panting? If so, your dog may have a separation issue. But not to worry! The solution is right here in your hands. This interactive workbook will guide you step by step to teach your dog to feel comfortable when left alone.
You’ll learn about:
- The role of management, nutrition, and exercise
- Whether pharmacological intervention could help
- How to build your dog’s confidence
- Creative management solutions
- Step-by-step behavior modification protocols
- Alternative therapies (including Through a Dog’s Ear) that can be invaluable
- How to put it all together in a customized plan
“Yet another beautifully written book by Nicole Wilde. Nicole combines her expertise in behavior modification with easy to follow guidelines, useful resources, and alternative remedies. This book will be extremely helpful to any owner of a dog with separation issues.”
– Ian Dunbar, Founder of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers
“As someone who (long ago) dealt first hand with a dog who had severe separation anxiety, I wish that way back then I’d had the information contained in Nicole Wilde’s gentle and compassionate book, ‘Don’t Leave Me!’ Holistic, thoughtful and clear, ‘Don’t Leave Me!’ offers solid practical information for owners struggling with how best to help a dog suffering from separation anxiety. Wilde’s own experience with S/A, combined with her professional expertise, is behind her understanding of all she discusses and recommends. Options range from time proven behavioral modification to psychotherapeutics to some promising new nutraceuticals and even pressure wraps, and how best to decide which combination of options may be most effective. Highly recommended, this book is a gift for those trying to help the dogs.”
– Suzanne Clothier, author, And Bones Would Rain from the Sky